2020 vs 2021 vs 2022 | Which build is better?

Hi Cookie Tech!

So, today is a very odd topic, but I thought this was needed because I wanted you all to vote on how well I have improved within my development on Roblox. This is not the everyday post you see on the forums, but this is unique because you don’t see many developers getting peoples views on how well you have improved on your development!

Let’s get into it!

2020:

2020 was not the best year I had with development, I had first started using free models, not knowing what I was doing. I just found a nice model in the toolbox and thought yeah, let’s use it. I had very little knowledge on what I was doing with the game but I thought it was good.

Let’s move onto 2021.

2021:

2021 was a better year, I had started learning Lua and gaining more knowledge within Studio. I learnt to mesh some assets, but no longer use them. I feel this was a better build compared to when I first started.

Now, let’s move onto this year!

2022;

2022 hit off with a good start for me, I was making loads of money but loosing my passion for development within Roblox. If I could find the passion again, I’m sure things will majorly improve over the years!

Anyways, that’s it for today! i look forward hearing back from you all!

2022 looks good but a bit odd doesn’t look vibrant enough. I think 2021 looks cool.

I think 2021 Right now.

2022 has been a fall down year for me as I am loosing passion within my field of development. 2021 was more dedication to the work and I would try my hardest for what I did.

Thanks for the feedback though!

1 Like

Yeah, I sometimes lose passion with some projects as well… I keep going strong though :muscle:.

I start something new and leave that project lol, unless its a commission.

1 Like

Maybe you could consider brainstorming some ideas, and shorten the list to something you’re really passionate about? Everyone has a passion, and sometimes you just need to find it.

1 Like

Literally nothing, I’m doing most stuff for my portfolio and commissions. I don’t even go on Roblox as much.

1 Like

If I could bring back the passion for a 2021 build, I might do it and give the map free to you all for being such a good community and supportive to everyone with the platform.

It has now been 9 months since this topic released, so I thought I would share my final work of 2022/starting work for 2023.

Feedback would be appreciated, but other than, feel free to share your final builds here.

Bare in mind, this is a commission, I only started it the other day, but it should be done within the next couple of days/weeks.

2 Likes