Digital Media Saftey

Latley one of my friends got hacked through social media and I want to inform you about how to stay safe on social media. If you believe this is not a threat to you then disregard.

1. Make sure to set your account preferences to private. Before posting anything online, check who you’re sharing the information with. Make your posts visible to your friends only instead of everyone on the internet.

2. Don’t connect with strangers on social media. Before befriending someone you don’t know on Facebook, go through the mutual friends’ list or things you have in common.

3. When browsing online, always protect your location. Keep your whereabouts private by using a reliable VPN such as NordVPN. The virtual private network will hide your IP address and real location. By connecting to another country’s server, you can set your location to virtually anywhere in the world.

4. Don’t upload high-resolution pictures to your social media profiles. It’s very easy to download a Facebook picture to a computer. Make sure to hide all house numbers, street names, or other information that can indicate your whereabouts.

5. Make sure you’re not oversharing. Revealing too much information is never a good idea, especially online. When signing up for a social media network, never put your home address. Don’t post pictures of any documents or tickets.

6. Don’t tag any locations around your home on your online pictures. Also, you can turn off geotagging so that no location-disclosing metadata is added to your photo files.

Even if you think you’ll never be a target of an online stalker, you may become one someday. To avoid potential risk, stay alert and don’t reveal too much.

3 Likes

2Factor and authenticator apps I also recommended.

ALSO: Always use a parent before using a VPN.

It’s not our responsibility if you get in trouble for using a vpn without your parents permission.

1 Like

Another thing: Do not rely on Facebook as they have had tons of breaches in the past months.

1 Like

On Roblox, you can set your inventory to private for more privacy.

1 Like

Yes, you could do that.

Mhm (20 char fhdsfhjksdhfsjkdhfsjkdfh)