The future of Twitter

So, as we all know the famous platform called Twitter.
We also all know the famous man behind Tesla, and Space X, and now Twitter.

Elon Musk.
Yes, the owner of Twitter.

Just the other day, Elon Musk purchased 9% of twitter, meaning he would own very little of the company, so he would have control over it. Well, new just in, he is now the owner of twitter.

Being a multi billion-air like him must be luxury, especially when you can just go out and buy a company for billions of dollars. The man had decided to purchase the WHOLE of Twitter. I think this is an impressive move from him, but also good for all of his other companies. The man has purchased the company for 44 BILLION dollars, I’m not joking.

This is good for Elon, he is making more money, but he also runs what we do now.

What do you all think about this change within Twitter and the change between his other companies.

@FeaturedOreo

2 Likes

This is absolutely crazy to think about. Alot of people are leaving twitter though

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve heard about this. I personally don’t use Twitter, but the world’s richest man purchasing this giant social media platform is insane.

In addition, this is certainly a big event and it will have huge impacts on the future of the entire metaverse and Twitter itself.

1 Like

I don’t know if I like this or not, he states he’s going to make the company private, not something I want to see, also sometimes Elon Musk can be a bit “childish”, but oh well, hopefully he can make a new change to the company & improve twitter, he also states he will open source some of the algorithms, which is always a nice thing to hear.

2 Likes

I’m hoping he some day buys Roblox, it would be nice to see some changes and how he would run the place.

He states he is going to make twitter better, I feel good about this, as I want to see what he does with the platform for the future.

I hope not, there is already some drama brewing, let’s also take a look into Elon’s past “incidents”.

With sexist jokes, Elon Musk’s tweets sink to a new low (mashable.com)

Elon Musk’s Sexist ‘Texas Institute Of Technology & Science’ Joke Put On Blast - Comic Sands

https://www.news.com.au/finance

2 Likes

I agree. Elon has had a past of trolling his competitors on twitter but he says he wants to enable “free speech” so I guess, with other things. we’ll have to wait and see

1 Like

I wouldn’t agree on this, as the fate of the metaverse would then be in the hands on Elon Musk. It seems too sensitive to let one person control major brands, especially an online multiverse platform such as Roblox.

If he did own Roblox and a bunch of other social media giants, it’s very risky and I’m not sure if we can rely that much on a single person.

——————————————————————————————————————

Plus, we have to keep in mind, worldwide governments have official Twitter accounts (see image below), meaning if Elon Musk manages and owns Twitter, he can get rid of those accounts whenever he likes.

For example, here is the official Canada Twitter account as seen below;

1 Like

I didn’t even think of this, that’s completely true - If we let one person control too many platforms they have to much power, then it becomes dangerous.