Massive Security Risk - Roblox voice WITHOUT ID?

Hey Cookie Tech Community,

Recently a roblox user took to twitter making the following post:

Now without saying; this is a major issue, it seems users with 13+ accounts that are non-verified are getting access to voice chat, it’s so easy to just set your account to 13+ on roblox, it’s unreal.

It’s even predicted that roblox is rolling out this features in a couple of days, honestly, this sucks. - I consider my public image to be pretty innocent, however, the conditions, even with verified roblox accounts are VERY brutal.

E.g: Bad language everywhere you go, Racism, Homophobia, everything bad you can imagine, happens on roblox vc every 15 minutes. Roblox VC is a very toxic place and I can’t imagine that changing.

So allowing people who may actually take in what is being said and being genuinely venerable was a horrendous move by roblox.

Right now this is releasing with certain countries, what are your views with this?

Roblox - Horrible moves

3 Likes

This is horrible. Voice chat on Roblox is already toxic enough, from what I’ve seen. I’m telling you, the last thing Roblox needs are >13 users to be exposed to bad language and inappropriate conversation.

Roblox … what have you done?

1 Like

Ok roblox, you can make the oof sound suck BUT THIS? NO ROBLOX YOU TOOK IT TOO FAR THERE IS KIDS PLAYING ON ROBLOX

1 Like

It’s so true, in some cases this could cause proper mental damage, also the worst thing you can do is retaliate, then YOU risk losing your account.

2 Likes

My Account was set to under 13, as a Hacker set it to under 13-

Plus, I don’t feel comfortable sharing my voice.

The main concern is not about people speaking and sharing their voice but about people listening.

2 Likes

I agree, a lot of U13s could have there mic on not knowing how to use it and everyone’s voice and stuff gets leaked. This is just a bad idea… why do I even want to vc people in roblox, we have discord if we really wanted to.

I don’t know why roblox did this, I understood verification was annoying, but it’s necessary, I’m going to check the laws for public VC, because I would like to research more about this, there are other games with open vc but most of them are rated PEGI 12+.

2 Likes