Quotes in a roblox game - Is this allowed?

Hello cookie tech!

I work for a game and want to add something in the dev hq, i want to add quotes but idk if it is allowed.

Examples,

“What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” - Jane Goodall

“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.” - Albert Einstein

“If there is no struggle, there is no progress.” - Frederick Douglass

“People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” - Rob Siltanen

From what I’ve seen it’s allowed. I’ve done it myself before aswell.

However it is best to credit the person for their words. It is not required but it is a morally correct thing to do. other then that I dont see why Roblox would be against it.

1 Like

This should be allowed, however, I’m not sure if putting the names as a good idea, as they may be copyrighted?

Quotes aren’t nessecarially copyrighted. Most famous quotes written like what, 300 years ago would most probably not be copyrighted. I’ve done it myself and have never found a problem with it.

No, sorry, I meant the authors name. Should’ve made the more clear - my bad.

Ok so just no names and I just be good?

This should be allowed, as it does not violate copyright law or such. However, I would still be careful with them, as Roblox’s moderation system is still very strict.

All in all, you should be fine to use the quotes as long as credit for it is provided (if applicable).

1 Like

Names wouldn’t be copyrighted - you’d be crediting them for their work.

1 Like

I’ve done this myself & never had an issue, it should be good as long as you aren’t plagiarizing them.

3 Likes

Names can’t be copyrighted & quotes aren’t really copyrighted, as they’re old, also you can’t reallyyy copyright a sentence.