Sora - what is it?

40 minutes ago OpenAI released a brand new feature to it’s product line: Sora (openai.com)

Sora is an AI model that can create realistic and imaginative scenes from text instructions.

If you have a look at the website you can see some of the videos here look like real life - It’s real concerning.

What are your opinions on this and the potential risk this gives to us?

E.g: NSFW, Gore, etc…

2 Likes

Personally, I think this is a very cool feature as it gives creative individuals a lot of ways now to develop new videos that could be used as stock footage, however, it’s important to note that it could become a tool for the NSFW party and people who may have more sinister intentions…

2 Likes

Well, this is very interesting. I just went through their website and it looks like a good tool, but now how are we supposed to tell the difference between what’s a real video and what’s an AI generated video? It’s already hard to tell as it is, with special effects and everything.

How do you guys feel this will be?

• Good idea
  • Bad idea
  • I don’t know
0 voters
1 Like

Okay, first off I have to say that this new product looks amazing :exploding_head:

But, of course, this can lead to extremely serious consequences if misused, which I’m sure a lot of sinister users will do …

I hope there will be some kind of “filter” put in place, otherwise this could get out of hand pretty easily and swiftly.

2 Likes

It’s interesting. I wonder how copyright is going to work.

Will OpenAi own all content created by the AI, will people who made the prompt have the rights to the contents? Will everybody have rights to the content it produced?

There is honestly so much happening so quickly, in such little time.

1 Like

This is being discussed since Image AI Generation is invented. It is not even clear who has full ownership of the images generated by AI/Dall-E, and now OpenAI starts something new with the same problems again.

I think we cant do anything else than waiting and not saying “I made the image”. Anyways i’m pretty sure OpenAI at least made clear if its allowed to be used for commercional things, but i’m not sure right now if they allow it or if they dont.

it could become a tool for the NSFW party and people who may have more sinister intentions…

That’s literally an issue with ANY sort of AI generator.

You can easily brainwash it to generate unethical or inappropriate content. Literally, everything has a possibility for being misused. I don’t see how that’s specific to OpenAI’s Sora.

Personally, I think this is a very cool feature as it gives creative individuals a lot of ways now to develop new videos that could be used as stock footage

I feel like OpenAI’s Sora is going to be very similar to the style of OpenAI’s DALL-E engine, because I’m assuming it works off of DALL-E except it generates hundreds of individual video frames and compounds them together.

This part of their website does mention that Sora understands how items provided in a user’s prompt are understood of their physical form and application in the real world, which indeed does provide a more realistic aspect to it.

I’d love to hear some of your insight though, could you elaborate?

I mean it’s easy enough to tell the difference between an AI generated image and a normal image, right? :sweat_smile:
Pretty confident the same would go for a video.

1 Like